Criminal record searches
Verified Credentials’ automated technologies and skilled professionals work together to deliver fast, reliable criminal history searches.
Quality optimized by automation and human expertise.
- Automated direct-to-court access – We leverage direct-to-court technology to deliver criminal record searches in record time, in many cases giving you same-day results.
- Extensive court research network – We have on-the-ground access to thousands of criminal records sources around the globe.
- Cutting-edge, automated record matching technology – Our proprietary, state-of-the-art matching technology sets us apart in our ability to match records to individuals and prevent false positives.
- Trained professionals inspect every record – Skilled professionals review every record we process to ensure top quality and accuracy.
Remarkably fast turnaround times.
When time is of the essence, you can count on Verified Credentials. We are your trusted partner for fast and efficient background checks.
Instant processing - Once you order a background check with Verified Credentials, it's instantly set in motion. 98% of our national criminal database checks are completed within just one hour of your request.
Rapid turnaround times - 83% of our county and statewide criminal checks are completed within 24 hours or less.
Industry-leading speed - At Verified Credentials, we take pride in being faster than industry averages. We've honed our processes over four decades to ensure you receive results without unnecessary delays.
Verified Credentials provides the information you need when you need it.
Customize your search scope.
At Verified Credentials, we know that a one-size-fits-all approach to background checks is not enough. That’s why we offer you the flexibility to customize your criminal history search scope with:
- More names and search locations - A single name and address may not reveal all the records you need. With our ID Trace search, we can help you discover other names and locations that are relevant to your search.
- Various sources of data - Different types of offenses may be stored in different databases or courthouses. We work with you to help you choose the best services and settings for your requirements.
- Longer search periods - For some roles, a standard 7-year search scope may not be sufficient. You can extend your search scope to look for older records in jurisdictions where they are available.
Reduce risk with criminal history checks.
Criminal history checks are a pivotal element in an employer's toolkit for risk management. They offer not only peace of mind, but also a practical means to protect an organization from potential harm and liability.
- Ensuring a safe work environment
- Preventing negligent hiring claims
- Compliance with industry regulations
By identifying potential concerns in advance and demonstrating a commitment to due diligence, employers can navigate a safer path to success in today's competitive and risk-sensitive business landscape.
How to optimize your criminal history searches
Have questions about which criminal history checks to use? 94% of organizations use criminal history checks, but most of them in different ways. That's because not all criminal history searches are the same. In this eBook, we will explain the basics of criminal history searches, critical search scope considerations, and how to choose the best option for your needs.